Cloud Solutions ArchitectUSCloud Solutions Architect
What will you do?
The Cloud Solutions Architect (DevOps Engineer) will become a part of the global SWAT team delivering cloud-native platforms of the next generation to Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers.
You will be responsible for various aspects of deploying, integrating, optimizing, automating, and adopting modern application platforms. In doing so, you will help enterprises make a radical shift in the way they develop and deliver software. You will be working side-by-side with some of the most experienced engineers in the cloud native space, and for some of the most sophisticated companies.
What are we looking for?
- +5 years of experience in a technical and client-facing role
- Hands-on experience with any of the following IaaS platforms: AWS, OpenStack, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Platform
- Hands-on experience with any of the following platforms: Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, OpenShift
- Understanding of Docker and its ecosystem
- Profound knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Strong communication skills
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle in the cloud
- Knowledge of the key concepts of cloud-native architectures
- Must be open to traveling around the U.S. (50%)
- Software development background (any scripting language)
- Understanding of high availability, scalability, resilience, app performance, and security in the cloud.
- All relevant certifications and training are fully covered by the company
- 401k Altoros Retirement Plan
- Health coverage for you and your dependent family members
- Competitive salary
- Paid Vacation days
- Flexible working hours
- A friendly close-knit team of top-notch solution architects and engineers
- International exposure, and the possibility to travel to exciting destinations
If you like the idea of changing the world with digital transformation and qualify for this (or any other) career opportunity we have, send your CV to email@example.com or apply online!
Cloud-Native Software ArchitectUSCloud-Native Software Architect
At Altoros we drive digital transformation to the highest levels of excellence and performance, our team of experts and our cloud partners are the key to our success story.
As a Cloud-Native Software Architect at Altoros you will be a trusted advisor leading the cloud transformation journey of our customers by sharing your expertise in designing distributed solutions using cloud-native platforms. Your will facilitate the migration of our customers’ existing applications to a cloud-native platform and help their development teams by mentoring and training them in building cloud-native applications based on scalable, portable, and resilient designs.
How you will make an impact
- Advise customers on the architectural aspects of cloud-based applications to reach high levels of performance, scalability, and security.
- Roadmap the development for migrating monolithic applications to modern microservice architectures.
- Design and build Cloud-Native applications using Java and Spring on top of Cloud Foundry or Kubernetes.
- Review a platform used by a customer and propose improvements in automation, CI/CD practices, security, and platform services.
- Train the customer’s team on how to effectively work with a cloud-native platform.
- Dedicate time for self-development through training, certifications and research, and contribute to the open source community by sharing your insights on white papers, blog posts and events.
What you need to succeed
- Expert-level background as a Java developer or Java Architect.
- Solid hands-on experience with any of the following IaaS platforms: AWS, OpenStack, Microsoft Azure, or Google Compute Engine.
- Thorough knowledge of cloud-native architecture concepts and understanding of high availability, scalability, resilience, performance, and security requirements in the cloud.
- Deep dive and hands-on experience building microservices with Spring and SpringBoot.
- Experience in building and operating distributed, concurrent systems.
- Familiar with design patterns, domain-driven design, component-based architecture, and evolutionary architecture.
- Contributed to and have been part of an Agile team.
- Comfortable building and nurturing good relationships with your clients.
- Communicating effectively with different stakeholders comes naturally to you.
- You enjoy traveling and you are available to work with our customers throughout different locations in the US.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of 12-factor application methodology.
- Experience in Pair Programming, Test Driven Development, Greenfield software development.
Benefits and perks of working with us
- All relevant certifications and training are fully covered by us
- Competitive salary
- 401k contribution
- Health insurance for you and your dependent family members
- Paid vacation days
- Flexible working hours
- A friendly close-knit team
We come from different backgrounds but loving what we do is what makes us unique and brings us together. We thrive by building meaningful relationships with respect, equality, and integrity.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities. Based on this premise, all applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Interested? Apply here
Jobs matching the selected criteria were not found